- Bradley Manning has been found NOT GUILTY of aiding the enemy, the most serious of the 21 contested charges.
- However, he has been found GUILTY of 5 counts of espionage and convicted of 19 of the charges against him.
- Pte Manning, who is 25 years-old, has been found guilty of 20 charges in total.
- He faces a maximum sentence of more than 136 years. The hearing for his sentencing is due to begin on Wednesday.
- In addition to the espionage counts, he was also found guilty of five charges of theft, two computer fraud charges and multiple military violations.
- A statement by Julian Assange via Wikileaks website states:
“This is the first ever espionage conviction against a whistleblower. It is a dangerous precedent and an example of national security extremism.”
- Bradley Manning has been found not guilty of aiding the enemy but still faces up to 136 years in prison after being found guilty on several counts of theft and espionage.
- Realizing it had mischarged Bradley Manning, the govt changed its charge sheet & Judge Lind allowed it (Link)