Editorial Guide & How to upload articles
PLEASE NOTE: Add “firstname.lastname@example.org” and “email@example.com” to your email contacts to ensure our reply does not go into your spam folder. If you are still waiting for a reply, please check your spam.
PLEASE READ IN FULL PRIOR TO WRITING
As a contributor, you will receive a username and password for our website so that you may post your own articles. Doing this is very easy and we have a dedicated team of editors and marketing officers to help you reach the best possible audience.
For information or updates on your pending article, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org
SHOUT OUT UK – EDITORIAL GUIDE
If you want to see your work accepted, then we strongly recommend that you read the following guidelines.
- Politics and Culture
- Health and Fitness
- Young Professionals (life in the city for young people)
- Poetry or creative fiction
- News stories recycled from mainstream press (unless you have a unique spin on it)
- Abusive/prejudiced tirades
- Poorly-written pieces (i.e., unproficient English, incomplete thoughts, unresearched/misquoted statements, erroneous ‘facts’)
- Trump commentary (unless you can make it entertaining/give it a fresh angle)
- Unique and interesting stories (real-life, personal experience)
- Features with alternative angles and analysis on topics circulating in the media
- Entertaining/Provocative/Smart/Informative articles
- Historical comparisons/Biographical introductions to interesting figures
- Articles must be between a minimum of 600 words and a maximum of 1,000
- Investigative pieces can be up to 2,000 words
- Before writing/submitting, check the Website & Pending section to make sure your article isn’t a replica of another one.
- External links. If quoting numbers, statistics or facts, please reference these (when possible) by inserting a link that can be opened on a separate page into the main body of your article.
- Please do not provide images to articles
- TS is for time-sensitive pieces. If you feel your article has a short lifespan, add TS into the heading box before the heading.
To Upload Articles
1. Scroll down to the bottom of the website
2. Click on Member’s Login
3. Once logged in, using your secure username and password, click on Posts
4. Click on Add New
5. Write or copy and paste your article onto the main post section – place the title at the top in the separate white box
6. Add only from the existing tags and categories – if unsure leave blank and the editorial team will deal with them.
7. Clock on Pending for review, and voila, you’re Done!
Once your article is pending or scheduled, DO NOT edit it
This is the time between you uploading your work and its being published. Due to the high volume of articles, we may delay yours for up to 3 months if it has a longer expiry date than other news pieces.