Shout Out UK a multi-award winning independent youth news platform that provide young people with the tools necessary to engage in politics and a platform to shout out and be heard. Spearheaded by our Political Literacy Course – and supplemented by a host of different infographics, videos, articles, workshops and events – we are a one-stop-shop for political learning and enrichment. We believe that everyone deserves to understand the world we live in and be equipped with the knowledge and skills needed to incite positive change.
Location: Stanmore, North london
Salary: £16,800 + Commission
Closing date: Friday 22nd June at 5pm.
The Position: You will be joining our small, passionate team to coordinate our education programme. The role involves selling our political literacy course to schools and delivering politics workshops in schools, as well as designing and organising events aimed at engaging more people in politics.
We are looking for someone with a passion for political engagement who wants to support the expansion of Shout Out UK as an organization. The applicant needs to be motivated, dedicated and confident working with young people and politicians.
- Recruit and support schools and teachers across the UK to take on our political literacy course and other workshops
- Deliver politics workshops in schools and councils
- Liaise with teachers and politicians
- Assist in the design of educational materials
- Assist in writing funding proposals for projects
- Recruit and support schools and teachers across the UK
- Assist with running Shout Out UK’s social media accounts
- Assist with monitoring and evaluation
- Experience in teaching and running workshops or similar
- Good personal skills
- Sales and marketing skills
- An understanding of and interest in UK politics
- Ability to organise, prioritise and manage a diverse workload
- Dedication to political education and engagement of young people
By joining our team, you will gain:
- Experience in teaching
- Experience in sales
- Experience in events organising
- Experience in journalism
- Being part of a youthful, forward-thinking and engaged workforce
- An important, varied, decision-making role in which you have the power to make positive change
The job is based on an 8-month contract (including a 3-month probation period) and is primarily based in our office in Stanmore, North London, though your role may take you around London and the UK.
The hours of work are 9am – 5pm, Monday – Friday (40 hrs per week).
Holiday entitlement will be 25 days pro rata (exclusive of Bank Holidays). The role may involve working occasional unsocial hours in evenings and at weekends.
Follow us for all our latest UK vacancies @ShoutOut_UK
Interested in WRITING?
If you are interested in writing for us as a journalist, please apply via THIS LINK.
Interested in VOLUNTEERING OR PARTNERING?
We are always looking for people and organisations to get involved or partner with and are especially interested in the following:
- PR/Marketing collaboration
- Political Education
- Events Partnership
If you have any of the above interests/skills then please get in contact via email at Recruit@shoutoutuk.org