ShoutOutUK Limited (we/us/our/the Company) are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
“Personal Information” means any information from which a living individual can be identified. This will include (among other things) name, date of birth, gender and personal contact details, as well as Sensitive Personal Information (defined in paragraph 3 below).
For the purpose of this policy, the “Data Protection Legislation” includes (i) the EU General Data Protection Regulation, (ii) the Data Protection Act 2018, (iii) the Privacy and Electronic Communications (EC Directive) Regulations 2003 and (iv) all similar or related legislation relating to the processing of Personal Information and/or privacy applicable in any jurisdiction to which the Company has been, is or will be subject as in force at the date of this Agreement or as re-enacted, applied, amended, superseded, repealed or consolidated (and in each case including any legally binding regulations, direction, and orders issued from time to time under or in connection with any such law). For the purposes of the Data Protection Legislation, the data controller is ShoutOutUK Ltd of Business Innovation Centre Stanmore Place Howard Road Stanmore London United Kingdom HA7 1BT (our Company Address).
- Information we may collect from you
- We may collect and process the following data about you:
- Information you give us. You may give us information about you by filling in forms on the Site or by corresponding with us by phone, e-mail or otherwise. This could include information you provide when you register to use the Site, subscribe to our marketing database, participate in discussion boards or other social media functions on our site, enter a competition, promotion or survey, fill out forms for subscriptions or other activities, or report a problem with the Site. The information you give us may include your name, address, e-mail address and phone number, financial and credit card information, personal description and photograph, amongst other information.
- Information we collect about you. With regard to each of your visits to the Site we may automatically collect the following information:
technical information, including the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet, your login information, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform;
information about your visit, including the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL) clickstream to, through and from the Site (including date and time); pages you viewed or searched for; page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), and methods used to browse away from the page and any phone number used to call our customer service number.
- Information we receive from other sources. We may receive information about you if you use any of the other websites we operate or the other services we provide. We are also working closely with third parties (including, for example, business partners, sub-contractors in technical, payment and delivery services, advertising networks, analytics providers, search information providers, credit reference agencies) and may receive information about you from them where this is permitted under the Data Protection Legislation.
- A cookie is a small file of letters and numbers that we store on your browser or the hard drive of your computer if you agree. Cookies contain information that is transferred to your computer’s hard drive.
- We use the following cookies:
- Strictly necessary cookies. These are cookies that are required for the operation of the Site. They include, by way of general example, cookies that enable you to log into secure areas of the Site.
- Analytical/performance cookies. These allow us to recognise and count the number of visitors and to see how visitors move around the Site when they are using it. This helps us to improve the way the Site works by, for example, ensuring that users are finding what they are looking for easily.
- Functionality cookies. These are used to recognise you when you return to the Site. This enables us to personalise our content for you, greet you by name and remember your preferences (for example, your choice of language or region).
- Targeting cookies. These cookies record your visit to the Site, the pages you have visited and the links you have followed. We will use this information to make the Site and the advertising displayed on it more relevant to your interests. We may also share this information with third parties for this purpose.
- You will normally see a message on our Website before we store a cookie on your computer for the first time which describes the types of cookies we use and what information they might collect. We may also use banners and pop-ups from time to time to give you options around cookies use.
You block cookies by activating the setting on your browser that allows you to refuse the setting of all or some cookies. However, if you use your browser settings to block all cookies (including essential cookies), you may not be able to access all or parts of our site.
- Sensitive Personal Information
- “Sensitive Personal Information” is Personal Information concerning an individual’s (i) racial or ethnic origin, (ii) political opinions, (iii) religious beliefs or other beliefs of a similar nature, (iv) membership of a trade union, (v) physical or mental health or condition, (vi) sexual life or orientation, (vii) commission or alleged commission of any offence or any proceedings for any offence committed or alleged to have been committed by him/her, the disposal of such proceedings or the sentence of any court in such proceedings.
- We will not record and/or disclose any Sensitive Personal Information about you unless this is permitted by the Data Protection Legislation or necessary to follow the ShoutOutUk Safeguarding Policy and Procedure and/or instructions from the ShoutOutUk Safeguarding Officer, instructions from the police or local authorities and/or any other relevant law. Where we do receive and retain Sensitive Personal Information, we will only keep such information for as long as strictly necessary in order to comply with our obligations under the Data Protection Legislation and any other relevant law. Where we do receive and retain Sensitive Personal Information, we will only keep such information for as long as strictly necessary in order to comply with our obligations under the Data Protection Legislation and law. Given the nature of our activities, you may disclose Sensitive Personal Information to us in the form of political opinions for the purpose of publication and we ask for your consent to use this information as part of the sign-up process.
- Uses made of your personal information
- We may use personal information held about you in the following ways:
- As required for publication on the Site of any materials you have provided for this purpose and for disaster recovery and the creation of backups;
- To carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us and to provide you with the information, services and support that you request from us;
- Where you have explicitly consented or where we otherwise have a right to do so, to provide you, or permit selected third parties to provide you, with information about goods or services we feel may interest you.
- To notify you about changes to our service;
- To administer the Site and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes;
- For our internal business processes, including providing support to our staff;
- To improve the Site to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer and customise it according to your interests;
- To allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so;
- As part of our efforts to keep the Site safe and secure;
- For the purpose of legal compliance; and/or
- For market research purposes where you have opted-in to receive such communications.
- If you change your mind about us using your Personal Information in the ways described in this Policy, please notify us in writing to firstname.lastname@example.org. You may also opt out of receiving marketing emails from us by following the unsubscribe instructions outlined in the email.
- Disclosure of your information
- We may share your Personal Information with any member of our group, which means any subsidiaries, any ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries, as defined in section 1159 of the UK Companies Act 2006.
- We may, when this is permitted under the Data Protection Legislation, share your Personal Information with selected third parties including:
- Business partners, suppliers and sub-contractors for the performance of any contract we enter into with you;
- Advertisers and advertising networks that require the data to select and serve relevant adverts to you;
- Analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement and optimisation of the Site; and
- Credit reference agencies for the purpose of assessing your credit score where this is a condition of us entering into a contract with you. The Data Protection Legislation will generally permit us to share your Personal Information in this way if you have expressly consented to this or if it is necessary for us to perform a contract with you.
- Where we store your personal data
- We will only transfer your Personal Information to third parties based outside the EEA if that party (a) is situated in a country that has been confirmed by the European Commission to provide adequate protection to Personal Information or (b) has agreed (by way of written contract) to provide all protections to your Personal Information as required by the Data Protection Legislation. For the avoidance of doubt, in the event that the UK is no longer a part of the EEA, references in this paragraph to the EEA shall mean the EEA and the UK.
- All information you provide to us is stored on our servers. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of the Site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
- Your rights
You have the right to see the Personal Information we hold about you and to ask us to: (a) make any changes to ensure that any Personal Information we hold about you is accurate and up to date; (b) erase or stop processing any Personal Information we hold about you where there is no longer a legal ground for us to hold it; or (c) in some cases transfer any information we hold about you to a specified third party. If you wish to do this, please notify us in writing.
- Should you have any queries or complaints in relation to how we use your Personal Information, please contact us in writing at email@example.com. Should you wish to take any complaints or queries further, you have the right to contact the Information Commissioner’s Office regarding such issues.
- Our Site may, from time to time, contain links to and from third party websites. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these websites or their related policies. Please check these policies before you submit any Personal Information via these websites.